Sunday, March 16, 2008

Back in the Running

So I haven't posted for like five months but I've been working! And the Friends and I are beginning to narrow down and think ahead. Our BIG TRIP is about 15 months away.

After long discussions, I am no longer going to Italy and no longer going to spend a semester in England. Sad, but I'll just have to make up for it in my junior year abroad. Until then, the Revster, Madelegna and I have been working on our plans.

We estimate our trip will cost about $3000 each, with approximately three weeks abroad. It looks as if we might just be hitting the UK and Paris this time, with a sentimental goal of doing Italy after college graduations. I love working on logistics for this, it's so inspiring.

So, little known facts:

Some of the COOLEST stuff in London is free (Westminster Abbey, British Museum-- Rosetta Stone!!!)
You can buy a Carte Orange pass in Paris and get unlimited train rides for a week
Stonehenge is only like 9 miles from Salisbury Cathedral
Oxford University offers a HARRY POTTER tour, as well as a J.R.R. Tolkien/C.S. Lewis tour. We'll have to pick one.

More updates, slow and erratic, but updates, are sure to come.

No comments: